- Because The Wine Merchant of Raleigh is committed to your privacy we are making our information policies transparent.
- On this page we describe the following:
- What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identification is collected from you through the web site
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- If you have any questions regarding these policies please contact us.
- Information Collection and Use
The Wine Merchant of Raleigh is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. The Wine Merchant of Raleigh collects information from our customers at several different points on our website.
No registration is required in order to use this website, although a customer must create an account prior to any purchase. During account creation a customer is required to give their name, email address, zip code, and a password. This information is used to contact our customers about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. It is optional for a customer to provide a phone number, but encouraged so we can have another means to contact you regarding your order.
We request information from our customers on our order form. Here a customer must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill the customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
- Gift RecipientsWe collect contact information for gift recipients in order to ensure correct gift delivery. We do not sell or rent any contact information for gift recipients.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the visitor's hard drive containing information specific to that visitor's use of the website. Any information placed in the cookie is accessible only to www.winemerchantraleigh.com, and will not be sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances. We use a cookie to store a unique session identifier, and this allows us to maintain your shopping cart from one page request to the next. We are also able to maintain your session information from one visit to the next. By setting a cookie on our site, our customers do not have to log in more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a customer rejects the cookie, they may still browse our site. Unfortunately, the customer experience will be greatly curtailed, as the customer will be unable to log in or make a purchase.
- Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track customer's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that The Wine Merchant of Raleigh is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our customers to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
If a customer wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address and zip code. If at any time you should wish to unsubscribe, simply follow the link in your newsletter to update your email preferences.
When our order form asks customers to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted by SSL. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect customer-information offline. All of our customers' information, like the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a salesperson) are given access to personally identifiable information.
- Correcting/Updating Personal Information
Correcting/Updating Personal Information If your personal information changes (such as your shipping or billing address, etc.), you can add new information or delete any addresses or credit cards from your account at the "My Account" page of our site. Of course, if you prefer speak to a human, we can be reached at (919) 828-6929.